Re: suspicious site

David H. Lipman wrote:

D:\temp\jar_cache30809.tmp\JAR_CACHE30809.TMP Exploit-ByteVerify

It is NOT a hijacked site. It is purposefully malicious.
I can not state that all .CZ (Czech Republic) Domains can not be trusted.

But what we can tell for sure is that the owner is horribly stupid. The Byte Verifier vulnerability was, well, Java JDK 1.1? Even the similiar-to-Java-
but-not-actually-Java-VM that Microsoft shipped with Windows 2000 and XP was already at JDK 1.2 level, not vulnerable to this thing.

I still wonder how this thing is still in usage, even though the most stupid bad guy would recognize an infection rate of essentially zero.
.