Re: Forbidding itunes

On Jan 23, 4:51 pm, comph...@xxxxxxxxx (Todd H.) wrote:
"choowie" <choowieNO_SP...@xxxxxxx> writes:
"Colin B." <cbi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:W_Klj.832$jw.650@xxxxxxxxxxxx
choowie <choowieNO_SP...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

I need to forbid itunes in my company. Users have already been warned no
install it but I believe we can't trust them.

This is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't think you can trust
your users, then eventually all of the ones you CAN trust will leave
in disgust for jobs where they're treated like grown-ups.

You don't know anything about the context which lead to such restrictions.
Please provide a technical advice, not a moral judgement.

I dont' think Colin's words were a moral judgement--they did properly
reflect how such restrictions affect morale and people's willingess to
work for an employer.     Depends entirely on the employees though.
I know where I work, if people were unable to listen to music while
they worked because of some corporate edit they'd all find somewhere
else to work.

--
Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/- Hide quoted text -

SafeBoot (www.safeboot.com) includes application control software, so
you could simply blacklist itunes and then it would never run, ever.

S.

  • Re: Forbidding itunes
    ... install it but I believe we can't trust them. ... not a moral judgement. ... reflect how such restrictions affect morale and people's willingess to ... work for an employer. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • RE: Using Web mail (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc) for Business mails
    ... I agree trust is a big issue, and it goes beyond trust of the webmail ... Have you considered management of password ... Important for discrepancies between employee and employer. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Global Warming II
    ...   How long would a full argument be? ... of the science is Jan Schloerer's FAQ on my web site ... it doesn't say how it is we know isotope ratios for any of the ... We trust people all the time without them being priests. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: groaniad, the british agitprop corp and a gay girl in syria....
    ...     fossil media... ... you just can't trust the blogosphere.... ... that is a necessary state for being honest in a corrupt society... ... anyone in the fossil media who does not follow the party line risks ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: OT: cheques
    ... phone bills. ... I would not trust something sent by e-mail because it could be caught by antispam filters and get lost, specially since some of our telecom companies have a bad fame in spam fighting. ... number AND the amount. ...
    (comp.os.vms)