Re: Forbidding itunes

"choowie" <choowieNO_SP_AM@xxxxxxx> writes:

"Colin B." <cbigam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:W_Klj.832$jw.650@xxxxxxxxxxxx
choowie <choowieNO_SP_AM@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

I need to forbid itunes in my company. Users have already been warned no
install it but I believe we can't trust them.

This is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't think you can trust
your users, then eventually all of the ones you CAN trust will leave
in disgust for jobs where they're treated like grown-ups.

You don't know anything about the context which lead to such restrictions.
Please provide a technical advice, not a moral judgement.

I dont' think Colin's words were a moral judgement--they did properly
reflect how such restrictions affect morale and people's willingess to
work for an employer. Depends entirely on the employees though.
I know where I work, if people were unable to listen to music while
they worked because of some corporate edit they'd all find somewhere
else to work.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

  • RE: Using Web mail (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc) for Business mails
    ... I agree trust is a big issue, and it goes beyond trust of the webmail ... Have you considered management of password ... Important for discrepancies between employee and employer. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Sophos
    ... She has certainly proven herself as a liability and security risk to ... However, she forces her employer ... to trust her husband by this action - it is not fair ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: OT: Chest freezer cycle times and noises
    ... the direct deposit with my employer had a paper with it that made this ... Your employer, presumably, wasn't trying to defraud you. ... The entire banking system was based on trust between banks. ... your bank is eventually responsible for any fraud. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: NSA spying undermines separation of powers
    ... Spies are spying on their own fellow spies and on ... Nobody can trust anybody, and that's a good thing because it stifles ... No employer ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Forbidding itunes
    ... install it but I believe we can't trust them. ... not a moral judgement. ... work for an employer. ...     Depends entirely on the employees though. ...
    (alt.computer.security)