Re: win2000 - 1000s of ports opened

On Jan 22, 10:34 am, "Sebastian G." <se...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
halimtan wrote:
On Jan 22, 8:23 am, "Sebastian G." <se...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Even further, it seems like you're abusing MSIE as a webbrowser. Now that's
clearly a sign of total resignation.

Dear Sebastian, evidently you know much more than I do. In what way am
I abusing MSIE as a webbrowser?

Just to remind, one of your posting's headers:

Unless you're faking headers for no obvious reasons, it looks like you're
posting through Google Groups, using MSIE as a webbrowser. Google Groups is
a website on the internet, which is an untrustworthy network. MSIE, on the
other hand, is only supposed to be used on a trusted network, otherwise it's
trivially insecure.

Thus, you seem to abusing it for something that it's clearly unsuitable for.

Wow. You are exactly right in describing how I posted. And I didnt
even know I was abusing something. At the risk of sounding stupid,
whats the correct way to post this?

  • Re: win2000 - 1000s of ports opened
    ... I abusing MSIE as a webbrowser? ... Unless you're faking headers for no obvious reasons, it looks like you're posting through Google Groups, using MSIE as a webbrowser. ... Google Groups is a website on the internet, which is an untrustworthy network. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Blue Star
    ... You flattened and rebuild the system and the virus is still there? ... But you found the time to configure your webbrowser to masquerade as MSIE? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)