Re: win2000 - 1000s of ports opened

halimtan wrote:

When I do a "netstat -a" I get a scroll of listening
ports, dont know how many, must be several thousands. Is the server
hacked?

Most likely.

I have ZoneAlarm (free version) installed.

That alone would be enough to consider it as compromised.

Even further, it seems like you're abusing MSIE as a webbrowser. Now that's clearly a sign of total resignation.

> What do I do now?

Restoring from the latest backup? What else?

Can I close these ports manually

Unlikely, since the system is compromised.

or via ZoneAlarm?

How should that work?

  • Re: possible hacking on my network
    ... Then you realy, realy need to look into It, if you dont use it, dont know ... Windows Small Business Server 2003 Technical Library ... SBS Standard shows mostly the same ports, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: possible hacking on my network
    ... how It got there (if you dont?), ... Windows Small Business Server 2003 Technical Library ... SBS Standard shows mostly the same ports, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: windows 2000 professional hacked with Serv-U FTP Server
    ... ports 137-139 are blocked at the border router. ... I dont know how they uploaded this trojab and started a server Serv-U Ftp ... Have you *now* truned on auditing so you can see future ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Auctioneer - search and scan?
    ... I admit I dont understand how auctioneer works.... ... You're not alone. ... The built-in AH interface does the search on the server. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Whats a decent modem/router for tech savy user?
    ... It is not possible to route or deny traffic to specific ports based on the source IP address. ... But it wont route back inside the LAN - needs internal DNS server spoofing. ... Normally, this option should be Enabled, so that an Internet connection will be made automatically, whenever Internet-bound traffic is detected. ... Specifying a Default DMZ Server allows you to set up a computer or server that is available to anyone on the Internet for services that you haven't defined. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)