Re: SSL Scanner

On 28 Okt, 22:00, Ari <arisilverst...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 08:22:11 -0700, royend wrote:
Is there any programs you would recommend which will handle SSL/TLS?
Would for instance a program like Ethereal be able to read packages
using SSL protocols?

Read (view) or decrypt?
--
"You can't trust code that you did not totally create yourself"
Ken Thompson "Reflections on Trusting Trust"http://www.acm.org/classics/sep95/

Basically read (view).
I guess the decryption would depend on what kind of encryption is
used, which is decided in the SSL handshake? Is it possible to somehow
decide what kind of encryption is used by viewing the encrypted text?

ALso, thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread!

  • Re: SSL Scanner
    ... Would for instance a program like Ethereal be able to read packages ... using SSL protocols? ... Read or decrypt? ... "You can't trust code that you did not totally create yourself" ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • How do I Use DPAPI to Encrypt and Decrypt Data (C#/VB.NET)?
    ... Use DPAPI to Encrypt and Decrypt Data ... The code below demonstrates how to call Data Protection API (DPAPI) ... In addition to encryption and decryption, ... public static string Encrypt ...
  • Re: Byte array to string and back - newbie question
    ... // Create a symmetric algorithm. ... This is done to make encryption more ... // Encrypt a string into a string using a password ... // Decrypt a byte array into a byte array using a key and an IV ...
  • Re: CryptAPI(encryption/decryption)
    ... It seems like you're missing the Base64 decode step when trying to decrypt ... I misspelled the Private Key as Primary Key. ... Is there any variation in the encryption format in openssl compared to ... "Dylan DSilva " wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: Writing spaghetti code for obfuscation/encryption
    ... > undocumented opcodes and simple encryption? ... do the protection and distribution (I'll justify this later, ... This key was used to decrypt the main program code. ... So here's the scheme in action: Put disk in, ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)