Re: How did they get behind my NAT?

Rick Merrill <rick0.merrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Jim Watt wrote:
...I believe with
bittorrents you don't know where things come from.

That's right, delivery packages could have been modified.

As I understand bittorrent, it should not be. Your system is supposed to
chech the hash of that package and refuse it if it is wrong ( the hash
coming from the tracker). Or have I misunderstood bittorrent?

  • Re: How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... As I understand bittorrent, it should not be. ... chech the hash of that package and refuse it if it is wrong (the hash ... but you know that you are not accepting a car. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Needless flexibilities and structured records [very long]
    ... One of the more unique features of Perl OO is that there is no such ... return a reference to the hash %hash and ... returns a reference to an anonymous array containing the values 1, ... Any reference can be associated with a package with the help of the ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Faild to udate Distribution Point
    ... ~The Package Action is 2 and the Update Mask is 268435456. ... TreeRecurser failed at FindFirstFile ... ~Starting to new hash ... ~Used 0 out of 3 allowed processing threads. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.swdist)
  • Re: Generic Collection
    ... Package RDB desclares "is a" relations in the sense you describe ... function comparereturn BOOLEAN; ... hash => hash, ... subtype TUPLE is Attributes.SET; ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: looking for some size optimization
    ... the filenames from +4000 packages in order to recognize conflicts. ... To take up the amount of room you ... it builds a big hash through a loop that constructs ... Is $pkgname the name of the package declared in $file, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)