Re: How did they get behind my NAT?

Leythos <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

In article <r0FPi.11014$G25.349@edtnps89>, unruh-spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
says...
Leythos <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

You can get Linux without uTorrent, at least any quality Distro.

uTorrent doesn't expose your VNC, but, there is any number of unknowns
where as to what you've done in addition. The issue is that I've not see
anyone that needs to run a file-sharing program on their computer unless
they were pirating files of some type. Yea, not always true, but it's a
good assumption since there are legal means and methods without using
file sharing methods.

You talk about Linux which you almost certainly downloaded using torrent
and you say that the only use you know of for filesharing is pirated files?
Sheesh.

No, I downloaded Linux (Fedora) using FTP, not a torrent, and I do not
use torrent programs, nor other PtP programs.

You also misstated my view of P2P programs, I said "I've not see anyone
that needs to run a file-sharing program on their computer unless they
were pirating files of some type." which is not the same "the only use".

Yes, people CAN use P2P software ethically, but I've not seen ANY person
that has P2P software installed that has ONLY used it ethically.

As I pointed out, I have and almost certainly you have as well. Let me give
as an example Mandriva, which I am downloading via torrent right now from a
bunch of sites around the world, and I suspect strongly that they use
torrent only for downloading programs. Also I have a torrent running to
allow people to download the arxiv.org repostitory. That is a completely
legitimate use and the system is not used for "unethical" purposes (We have
permission from the people at arixiv.org to do so). So, now you have to
change your statement.

  • Re: Why Pink Floyd?
    ... RIAA lawsuit about illegal downloading. ... simple harvesting of an IP address participating in an illegal torrent ... The technical requirement to prove someone illegally downloaded ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Why Pink Floyd?
    ... RIAA lawsuit about illegal downloading. ... simple harvesting of an IP address participating in an illegal torrent ... the majority of these lawsuits that are currently being brought ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Why Pink Floyd?
    ... Neil X wrote: ... RIAA lawsuit about illegal downloading. ... simple harvesting of an IP address participating in an illegal torrent ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Why Pink Floyd?
    ... RIAA lawsuit about illegal downloading. ... simple harvesting of an IP address participating in an illegal torrent ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Why Pink Floyd?
    ... Neil X. ... RIAA lawsuit about illegal downloading. ... simple harvesting of an IP address participating in an illegal torrent ...
    (rec.music.gdead)