Re: Avast silent mode problem...

"Sebastian G." <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in

According to your description, a virus scanner is superfluos and
therefore definitely a decrease in security.

Right on, Sebastian. It's just I feel a little disoriented agreeing with
you :-)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Clarification-Win2k Netstat sockets interpretation
    ... snip.. ... Before I could manually download every security upate and servicepack from but now...they send you a bit of Cop-code that fails to run unless ALL defences are down ... Are you sure the script from ntsvcfg is benign in addition to being useful? ... You are absolutely correct there HAL, er ah, Sebastian. ...
  • RE: outlook Express
    ... Good Luck! ... How to optimize Windows XP for the best performance: ... I know there is a way to decrease the security to ...
  • Re: wireless router password security
    ... Sebastian G. wrote: ... But please omit the step where disabling SSID broadcast. ... anything about the security, doesn't make your network invisible at all, but ...
  • Re: Update license - "region code"
    ... Updating and upgrading Windows are two entirely different things, Sebastian. ... MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) ... Because I don't see any option to change the whole language in vista... ...
  • outlook Express
    ... Outlook express continually deletes almost all attached ... I know there is a way to decrease the security to ... enable attachments to remain. ...