Re: Avast silent mode problem...

Ricardo wrote:

An experienced user would simply use a virus that doesn't get detected, at best one that doesn't have any defined signature at all.
There are different levels of experience, mind you.

People can exchange software, mind you.

> having a bunch of unexperienced users to protect,

Why are you twisting virus scanning with protection?
And heck, it seems like you're abusing Outlook Express as a newsreader. Why don't you start with the basics first by replacing your known vulnerable software?

  • Re: Responsibility to protect
    ... of 'national bankruptcy' to deal with failed states and genocides. ... The doctrine of 'esponsibility to protect' really fulfilles what I had in ... member with their own interests in mind can block it. ... case with the ongoing civil war in Syria. ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: [opensuse] Cannot write to Windows partition(s)
    ... We make life of every user hard, to protect those that is ... I cannot for the life of me remember the actual signature by someone which basically stated that the "nanny-state" approach should be abandoned and let Darwin's "natural selection" principle take over: if you are a dickhead and stick your fingers into a power outlet and get deaded then you won't procreate and create yet another dickhead. ... One example came to mind where a 'mentally challenged' man bought himself a petrol-driven chainsaw, sat on a branch of his tree facing the tree trunk and promptly cut off the branch. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Software protection
    ... Yeah but keep in mind that just because they can't protect their ... license file containing the user's name and serial number. ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Its not always easy to get your money back even with a court order and bailiffs.
    ... organisation set up with the deliberate intention to protect every ... At this point in time Steve, there are many folk watching my posts for ... Mind you, sometimes I do wonder why I bother, but you have been a ... behind corperate legislation of differing companies in differing ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Configuration
    ... > ability to change tools->options by, for instance, disabling them. ... > mind, I would like to do it on XP Home. ... 'Did you by chance run SpyBot's Immunize feature? ... you can unlock by unchecking the option to "Protect IE Control ...