Re: Need Security Help

"Sebastian G." <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:5evq7lF3aon1uU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Lumpjaw wrote:

I have a reason to believe my work computer has been compromised,
i.e. stealth software installed.

Well, then flatten and rebuild it. Hey, you're abusing Outlook Express
as a newsreader, what else do you need to see that your system is an
open invitation to crap?

Does anyone know of a good mechanisim to detect hidden spy programs
outside

of adaware and spybot.

Yes: about any, since these programs are useless.

Serious ones include verifying the integrity of all files, which is
something typically carried out by sha1sum, sort, uniq and xargs.

BTW, what about a fup2?

Well, fupu2!

--
--- A dyslexic man walks into a bra ---

  • Re: Need Security Help
    ... then flatten and rebuild it. ... Hey, you're abusing Outlook Express ... as a newsreader, what else do you need to see that your system is an ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: A Message from Pete Gay in the U.K.
    ... > Hey, Arlene.. ... > I've been having a terrible time with my newsreader. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: Hey, Tom!
    ... Subject: Hey, Tom! ... the person reading hasn't kept previous messages in that thread ... what you are using for a newsreader is major crap. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Nevr-Dull moments....
    ... boy is that float bowl lookin' good...it aint a high polish, ... and I figger I'll shine the rest of it before I ... rebuild it... ... hey waitaminnit, my zippo could use a cleanin'..... ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)
  • Re: Encounter Table for rec.games.frp.dnd ?
    ... My newsreader has been broken. ... Mainly because my workstation, web ... > server, mailserver, etc. have been broken. ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)