Re: Any good free spyware scan that I can run in bat file so I can schedule it daily

From: "Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC" <larryTAKEOUT@xxxxxxxxxx>

| I have a WinXP notebook.
|
| I created a bat file, that contains commands to run a Avast Antivirus, AdAware and Spybot
| from the command line in a bat file, that I run nightly.
|
| My firewall Outpost has a spyware scanner but I can not run it in bat mode. When I ran
| this, it detected several spyware program that I did not know about. However, I rarely
| ever run it, because it does not contain a spyware scan that I can schedule.
|
| Is there any free good spyware scanners that I can run from the command line in bat mode.
| I would want it to run and not prompt me and then exit on it's own.
|
| Thanks much,
|
| Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

SpyBot S&D runs by executed with command line switches and you can create a Scheduled Task
to run on a regular basis or from a BAT or CMD file.

"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOCLOSE

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Any good free spyware scan that I can run in bat file so I can schedule it daily
    ... I created a bat file, that contains commands to run a Avast Antivirus, AdAware and Spybot from the ... My firewall Outpost has a spyware scanner but I can not run it in bat mode. ... Is there any free good spyware scanners that I can run from the command line in bat mode. ... Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: audio behaviour of HD TVs and RX boxes.
    ... wanting to use ffmpeg but who is put off by the command line interface is the fact that I never run ffmpeg from a command prompt. ... Instead, I use Windows Notepad to create batch files, and put the command line with the options into that. ... Double clicking on the batch file in an Explorer window then launches ffmpeg in a dos-style window which displays the program messages. ... The Windows XP help doesn't make any distinction between the use of .bat and .cmd for batch files, and the following references suggest that it doesn't make any difference: ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: What is the difference between CMD and BAT file ?
    ... BAT will not cause error message for commands like ... NOT be listed under non NT i.e. Windows 9x, Me, etc. ... typed in a Command Prompt or the Run command. ... File Extension .cmd ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: .Bat files
    ... and specifically at the section on the command "chmod" gives them the ... and the example command I gave ... above would try to make all files that end with ".bat" [in your current ... think a good book on shell "scripting" would go a lot further than the man ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: How to run a batch file or VBS from Access VBA code?
    ... IIRC to run a .bat or .cmd file you must invoke the Windows command ... >>>Even reproducing the functionality of the batch files may be possible in VBA. ... >I inherited a series of old ftp bat files, but I find it cubersome to use ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)