SSL and Anti-Virus

Is there an anti-virus program that can scan incoming mail that is
encrypted?

My provider recently required users to convert to SSL encrypted POP3
and STMP ports. This disabled my anti-virus software (and also
anti-spam) which can't read encrypted messages or attachments either
incoming or outgoing.

The provider has given me no clear answer on whether they perform
anti-virus scans before I download email to my client. They do claim
that encryption protects against viruses, but it seems to me even an
encrypted emal or attachment can contain a virus.

Art

  • Re: password configuration question
    ... Machine key does not determine how the info is stored. ... Even if encrypted, not hashed, you have to use question 1 to decrypt the password, unless you create your own custom provider or do not use a security question. ... Since this value is also encrypted, you have to decrypt it or ask the user, or store somewhere else. ... Your other option is to reverse engineer MS's salted encryption scheme. ...
  • Re: VPN Service
    ... the encryption level and the available ... forget about any VPN provider operating in America. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: password not reappearing, whats the best practice?
    ... You will have to capture the password prior to entering or move to some ... other form of encryption with your provider. ... membership provider to encrypted instead of hashed. ...
  • Re: Encrypt more than 128 bits with RSA
    ... which can be encrypted using public-private key (RSA). ... dictated by the cryptographic provider (I believe that .NET uses the same ... generation call should fail (not the encryption). ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: ASN1 bad tag value met on EnvelopedData.Decrypt str
    ... Gallant's site really helped the provider of the encryption as they ... you mentioned the key pair. ... >> too many traps that you can step into if you simply try using plain RSA ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)