Questions Regarding Vista OS

I have been using Win 98 for the last several years and knew pretty
much how to keep my information secure. For example, I shredded files
Windows sent to the Recent, Temp, History, Printer Spool folders,
wiped the swap file at shut down, cleared empty disk space, emptied
browser caches, used Scramdisk etc.

Unfortunately, I was recently forced to buy a computer with Windows
Vista Home Premium and I have no idea how to secure sensitive
information on it or where Vista might be copying said information to.
And of course, many of the security programs I was using before aren't
compatible with Vista.

Could anyone tell me what folders/files Vista might send sensitive
info to so I can check and shred as needed?

Are there any other security concerns I should be aware of with Vista?

Also if anyone could tell me if the following programs will still work
with Vista (thought I'd check before messing up the new OS) or has a
counterpart that's compatible with Vista, I would be greatly
appreciative:

Scramdisk (is TrueCrypt the latest incarnation?)
Access Denied (boot security)
Directory Snoop
Scorch
Scour
Eraser
Jap

Thanks

  • What Does It Take to Get a PC With XP?
    ... I won't waste time rehashing the argument over whether Windows Vista ... that virtually every copy of Vista Business or Vista Ultimate Edition ... machines doesn't mean that its employees understand that policy. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • APPLE-SA-2012-05-15-1 QuickTime 7.7.2
    ... Windows 7, Vista, XP SP2 or later ... Viewing a maliciously crafted movie file may lead to an ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: List of Applications Not Compatible with Leopard
    ... If there is an equal on Windows I truly would love to know about ... program on the Plasq frontpage was clearly taken on Vista. ... the product is on both Windows and Mac. ... hardware than Vista works on PC hardware is hardly "silly". ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OS/2 mentioned in a Vista review
    ... You can also install it in a classic way in 2K (and XP, and 2003 and Vista) by ... That may be a good basis of comparison for you, but to someone who is already displeased with the previous standard of operation of Windows, what should that mean? ... It can be done on XP or OS/2, ... Consider: full-screen apps. ...
    (comp.os.os2.misc)
  • Re: I cant install critical updates
    ... I resolved error message problem from Vista Security Center by uninstalling and reinstalling Antivir. ... How it comes I can't either manage to install manually failing updates? ... Be sure to obtain the correct version for Windows x86. ... Windows Update Agent File Versions: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)