Re: Password Dictionary File/ Each Entry is 2 or 3 Words Concatenated?

Arthur T. wrote:
In Message-ID:<trni33thjnm0r70mq0e25kbb1uml2t3t2e@xxxxxxx>,
Arthur T. <arthur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are there password dictionary files whose entries aren't just single words but rather 2 or 3 words of maybe 6 letters or less concatenated? For example, "they red solids" are 3 words of 6 letters or less that concatenated would be "theyredsolids." Are there such dictionary files downloadable, or is there a relatively easy way one could be created?
To solve a recent puzzle, I took the dictionary for an
anagram program, and pulled off all 5-letter words. There were
about 5800 of them. If I wanted to create a dictionary of all
3-word combinations of them, it would take over a terabyte to hold
the almost 200e9 combinations.

Slight correction to my computation. It would take about 3
terabytes.

Hmm. Well, that would be an issue. Oh, well.

Thanks very much for responding.
--
Please respond to the newsgroup only. Email sent to this account goes unread.

  • Re: Password Dictionary File/ Each Entry is 2 or 3 Words Concatenated?
    ... "they red solids" are 3 words of 6 letters or less that concatenated would be "theyredsolids." ... it would take over a terabyte to hold ... No big reason why I asked this, though, but a few small reasons, probably not interesting enough for me to waste anyone's time explaining. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: José Iturbi
    ... Dontaitchicago@xxxxxxx appears to have caused the following letters to be ... Ah, this explains why Arthur Rubinstein's career tanked, and why André Previn ... I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: Question about phonetic lyrics
    ... Arthur T. wrote: ... Should the lyrics be written phonetically ... (so a singer knows how to sing it) ... or should I keep the letters ...
    (rec.music.filk)
  • Re: Password Dictionary File/ Each Entry is 2 or 3 Words Concatenated?
    ... Zilbandy wrote: ... "they red solids" are 3 words of 6 letters or less that concatenated would be "theyredsolids." ... I guess what I'm interested in, though, is either: complete passphrase dictionaries; OR a program I can use to create ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: OT - March 20th
    ... Two little letters, Tom: OT ... Arthur G ... You, stirring - never;-) ...
    (uk.rec.engines.stationary)