Trojan xlibgfl254.dll removal?

A friends computer is infected with some trojan. At boot up McAfee reports
that image xlibgfl254.dll is not valid. I have checked elsewhere for
removal instructions and seem to have two choices. Edit the registry, which
I am reluctant to do, or use a program from Previx, who I have never heard
of. Does any one know how to remove the trojan? Apparently McAfee can not.

Thanks,
Martin

  • Re: Trojan xlibgfl254.dll removal?
    ... At boot up McAfee reports ... Does any one know how to remove the trojan? ... You can download the free removal tool here... ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Ilomo trojan-regscan- how do I zap this thing?
    ... 64bit drivers for the computer internal hardware. ... may try triple boot with XPpro, ... gotten rid of it or not. ... the Trojan gets installed again and opens the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Cant boot into safe mode
    ... There is seldom a need to boot into safe mode to remove a trojan. ... defaults in the bios even though this sets the video init in the bios to PCI ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean
    ... If none of the tools you've Googled can remove that Trojan / ... try some of the manual removal instructions instead. ... There's a lot of instructions to be found on Google, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm not blocking AVG auto update
    ... varies from computer to computer) every time you boot up. ... It is enough time for a trojan to phone home and download an update or other malicious code. ...
    (alt.computer.security)