Re: could a cd or disquette be infected remotely?

Unruh wrote:
kurt wismer <kurtw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
[snip]
actually, it's a cd-rom that's read only media (rom = read only media)... a cd-r is writable, and a cd-rw is rewritable so what you said for cd-rw is actually true for cd-r and cd-rw may actually as infectable as a floppy (d/epending on how it was prepared)...

Once a cdr has been written it is read only.

the portion that has been written is read only, but so long as the disk isn't finalized and there's still some free space more can be written to it...

--
"it's not the right time to be sober
now the idiots have taken over

  • Re: Files written CD-RW disc cannot be deleted
    ... totally erase the disk. ... I also use Windows Media Player to burn Music ... that the Windows software is write only like a CD-R. ... > I tried writing a sample notepad file to a different CD-RW disc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Documents on CR-RW are Read Only
    ... A CD-R uses a laser-sensitive dye which is actually ... A CD-RW uses a thin layer of alloy. ... CD-RW, otoh, file space can be reclaimed. ... CD-RWs since the media isn't as stable as a CD-R and files can become ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Burn, baby, burn
    ... > The difference between CD-R and CD-RW burner is mainly just a firmware ... Since CD-RW includes ... I would always prefer a CD-RW capable burner over one that does only ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware)
  • Re: Renaming File..
    ... Once your burn a CD-R or a CD-RW, ... I go to the photo...Click rename, ... Files on this disc is read only. ...
  • Re: cd-rw problems - cannot erase cds, cannot add files etc;
    ... CD-Rw is a Toshiba DVD-Rom Sd-R2012 and it ... > - When I write files onto a CD-R I can (sometimes but not ... > - When I try to erase a CD-RW it goes OK for a few ... > no idea how as the Format button is always blanked out. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)