Re: Truecrypt 4.3 Released

Hexalon wrote:
On Mar 24, 12:45 pm, Rick Merrill <rick0.merr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
nemo_outis wrote:
"Hexalon" <Hexa...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:1174688309.771462.5770@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
What cipher's are going away? I currently use 256-bit AES. Will that
one be around? TIA
Read the full story for yourself:
http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/?s=version-history
Regards,
Our firewall uses 1024 bit encryption!
(yeah, a bit of overkill!)

What algorithm do your firewalls use? RSA? AES? I use 256-bit AES
because that algorithm seems to be a good trade off of speed and
security.

it's IPSEC; hope I wasn't too misleading:

http://tinyurl.com/o7rxv

  • Re: A new encryption software of mine
    ... and zero rigorous analysis or testing. ... the algorithm was designed as an extreme parallel algorithm, ... random data that the programmers who wrote STS assumed that it simply ... this is the *worst* possible thing that could happen to any encryption ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: New Encryption Idea
    ... performing the 5 reads necessary in the example algorithm results in a delay ... Panama at 400MB/sec, or RC4 at about 90MB/sec, or AES in CTR mode at ... and the speed failings of your design become very clear. ... > Manansala Encryption and Authentication System ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Meganets "unbreakable" cryptography? Im skeptical.
    ... Meganet makes such grandiose claims that I can't help but ... There's plenty of coverage on secret encryption algorithms ... encryption algorithm that was granted U.S. Patent ... Labor has bought into this "snake oil" and without a doubt ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Enigma machine strenght using a computer
    ... cipher with rotors that spin backwards, forwards, stop and start based ... on other rotors, change their values according to the phase of the moon ... encryption less error-prone and they were a cost effective way to get ... case) than not since a wider base uses the same algorithm. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A new encryption software of mine
    ... the algorithm was designed as an extreme parallel algorithm, ... good encryption algorithms *really* need ... the reason for testing against regular patterns is to test whether there ... then you should move on to CBC because what ...
    (sci.math)