Re: Truecrypt 4.3 Released

On Mar 24, 12:45 pm, Rick Merrill <rick0.merr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
nemo_outis wrote:
"Hexalon" <Hexa...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in

What cipher's are going away? I currently use 256-bit AES. Will that
one be around? TIA

Read the full story for yourself:

Our firewall uses 1024 bit encryption!
(yeah, a bit of overkill!)

What algorithm do your firewalls use? RSA? AES? I use 256-bit AES
because that algorithm seems to be a good trade off of speed and

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New Encryption Idea
    ... performing the 5 reads necessary in the example algorithm results in a delay ... Panama at 400MB/sec, or RC4 at about 90MB/sec, or AES in CTR mode at ... and the speed failings of your design become very clear. ... > Manansala Encryption and Authentication System ...
  • Re: FUD about CGD and GBDE
    ... >government has approved the use of AES with 256 bit keys for very ... that stress on the algorithm and maintain 256 bits of margin. ... I don't seriously think that either of CGD or GBDE will be broken ... The first reason is that it adds complexity. ...
  • Re: Virtual Matrix Encryption
    ... die or simply another algorithm will be used in the AES. ... Then it would not be called "snake oil" and would be be "in the ... > algorithms is that they hadn't studied by the whole crypto community and ...
  • Re: Only people who originally frequent sci.crypt reply to this
    ... I know enough to have implemented AES in C and Java, ... algorithm has random numbers involved and might not be reversible by ... Number theoretic attacks aren't dependent on brute force. ... the discrete logarithm problem trivial, ...
  • Re: Cohens paper on byte order
    ... > It's perfectly okay when one considers that in the AES FIPS ... > environment, there would be a serious problem trying to ... > test the algorithm in an environment where the AES ... > efficiency would be an advantage. ...