Re: Windows Defender whitelisting certain spyware ?

"Unruh" <unruh-spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
ibuprofin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Moe Trin) writes:

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in
article
<45f479cf$0$8927$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Steve H. wrote:

Someone on another BBS I'm on declared that Microsoft might secretly
whitelist certain spyware companies. This is total BS, right ? I cannot
imagine Microsoft doing this and the resulting scandal.

This is a troll, right? You've had your head up-and-locked and haven't
bothered to read the End User License Agreement that _you_ agreed to when
you got windoze, and haven't bothered to know what the words "Digital
Rights Management" mean. That's funny.
In case you're not trolling, point your news reader to the news groups
"alt.privacy" and "alt.spyware". Or just hit google and find a copy of
the microsoft EULA - or pick up any computer magazine and find the
discussion about the spyware - it's not called that, because you agreed
that microsoft has the right to install it and can do anything they want
with the information they get from your computer.

Ie, by using and installing Vista, you have given away the keys to your
computer to MS...

and we actually have to PAY Microsoft to take away our User Rights?!
shouldn't Microsoft pay us for that? Many companies pay me for my
information...

  • Re: Windows Defender whitelisting certain spyware ?
    ... whitelist certain spyware companies. ... imagine Microsoft doing this and the resulting scandal. ... of the operating system at its whim. ... Ie, by using and installing Vista, you have given away the keys to your ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Windows Defender whitelisting certain spyware ?
    ... whitelist certain spyware companies. ... imagine Microsoft doing this and the resulting scandal. ... point your news reader to the news groups ... the microsoft EULA - or pick up any computer magazine and find the ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Windows Defender whitelisting certain spyware ?
    ... whitelist certain spyware companies. ... imagine Microsoft doing this and the resulting scandal. ... the microsoft EULA ... when Sony was caught installing spyware in late 2005 (google for the ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Windows Defender whitelisting certain spyware ?
    ... whitelist certain spyware companies. ... imagine Microsoft doing this and the resulting scandal. ... understand) the contracts for such things as the loans used to buy cars ... and even the relatively straight-forward agreement for starting ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Windows Defender whitelisting certain spyware ?
    ... whitelist certain spyware companies. ... imagine Microsoft doing this and the resulting scandal. ... Ie, by using and installing Vista, you have given away the keys to your ... shouldn't Microsoft pay us for that? ...
    (alt.computer.security)