Re: Pointsec Information/bypass

In
gashbarka@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

If I backed up the laptop before their install, can I restore the
laptop to the pre-install condition -without Pointsec- without
problems?

No. As soon as your boss finds out you deliberately bypassed
the security your agency decreed, you'll have plenty of problems.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com
Looking for a z/OS (IBM mainframe) systems programmer position

  • Re: How can I identify a system uniquely using MFC code
    ... If my laptop is stolen, there is no security issue, because I make it a point to never ... (and if you believe that the Next Generation Secure Computing Base will actually make ... The TCB (Trusted Computing Base) does solve some important problems in computer security, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Undisclosed breach at major US facility
    ... If the effects of HIPAA, SOx, GLBA et al could be measured in dollars, it has cost corporations millions of dollars in software, hardware and personnel expenses. ... A perfect example of the dichotomy between what should be and what is is the recent theft of a laptop with millions of VA records on it. ... Furthermore, I'm certain that the theft of the laptop never crossed the mind of the employee who took the records home or of his supervisors, who merely winked at the violation of policy, because they were more concerned about getting "extra" work out of the employee than they were about the potential loss of data should the laptop be stolen. ... When passwords finally go away, almost one-half of the security problem will be solved, simply because humans will no longer be making decisions about what constitutes a secure authentication methodology. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: The VA Stolen Laptop - Lessons Learned
    ... workplace and, anytime sensitive data like that is put on a laptop, encrypt ... I think you have to plan out system security before you implement ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Rebuilding Simple Home Network - Finding Highest Security Level Avail on Ea Comp
    ... configured with WPA/WPA2 Personal, with WPA enabled and WPA2 disabled. ... network must be configured to use the same security ... you can't set your Linksys to ... use WPA and your laptop to use WEP or WPA2 for instance. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [Fwd: Re: Security procedure question]
    ... case is the need to re-clone the laptop and lose some number of unmerged ... Subject: Security procedure question ... So indirectly biometrics ... In the case where the USB fingerprint reader is stolen with the ...
    (Security-Basics)