Re: Microsoft Word doc encryption

Thanks everyone for your input. I will take a look at the software
suggested.
Regards,
Roy.

"Roy" <roysquiresREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi all,
I need to carry a collection of log-on's & passwords on my laptop. I
have so many passwords now, I need to write them down.

How secure is a Word document which has been encrypted using Word's own
encryption? I have tried simple things like changing the document to ".txt"
& opening it in notepad, and it's still a bunch of random characters.
Great, but how secure?

Look forward to your replies.

Regards,
Roy.

www.btinternet.com/~godalming

  • Low-Hassle Ways to Secure Your Computer System (article)
    ... Low-Hassle Ways to Secure Your Computer System ... If time were no object, we'd all live a more secure computer life—we'd beef up our browsers, use complex passwords, and keep our data locked up with encryption Skynet couldn't crack. ... We've rounded up a good deal of these swift and simple security fixes for Windows, Mac, and Linux, so bust out the tinfoil hats and check 'em out after the jump. ...
    (alt.privacy)
  • Re: How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?
    ... Is that any more likely than /them/ breaking into your mail account? ... fetchmailrc file with passwords in it. ... even if seemingly encrypted (some encryption techniques are ... Though various secure mail and messaging systems aren't ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Password Management
    ... I think the best would be to put all the passwords in a simple text ... file and encrypt that text file with pgp (making it maybe into a self ... Something that provides a selection of encryption ... |Hush provide the worlds most secure, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Microsoft Word doc encryption
    ... I need to carry a collection of log-on's & passwords on my laptop. ... How secure is a Word document which has been encrypted using Word's own encryption? ...
    (alt.computer.security)