Re: Is Firewall essential in this case?

If you have a router, a software firewall is of little value.
http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

"Dickie Peters" <ferrante276-ng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is a software firewall such as Zone Alarm essential for added
protection if I am already using the XP firewall, AVG antivirus (free)
and have a wired router (D-link-524)? Will it offer me any additional
protection? If so, is there a better free firewall than Zone alarm?

Thanks.

  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... the ame router to get access to the net! ... I'm paranoid about opening up my firewall "just in case..." ... not visiting dodgy Websites. ... The protection that it does supply is also provided by ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... how long it plays for because it's all been ripped on to hard disc ... the ame router to get access to the net! ... I'm paranoid about opening up my firewall "just in case..." ... The protection that it does supply is also provided by ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... long it plays for because it's all been ripped on to hard disc so it ... I'm paranoid about opening up my firewall "just in case..." ... having the protection of a router, not opening dodgy emails, and not ... The protection that it does supply is also provided by your router ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... that's yer basic rock solid protection that makes a firewall pretty much ... hidden behind a router. ... left to passive traps like viruses and spyware. ... It's another level of protection which doesn't duplicate what you've ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: How good is Win XP Pro Internet Connection Firewall
    ... does that come with integrated firewall? ... That link I gave you explaining NAT should tell you that a simple NAT ... router for home use doesn't have a *firewall*. ... The protection of the machine starts with the O/S and XP has the means to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)