Re: interesting traffic

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:40:22 -0600, tiffini wrote:

I'll lock down the ports you recommend 1024-1030, and 137.

You should really lock down everything outbound that you don't need.

How do I find the app that is sending it out? I have an XP sp2 machine
that is sending it.

XP it the App that is doing this. This is how windows talks with other
window machines on the network.

As I said, I have norton's running and ad aware and spybot. all came up
clean.

As they will. This is not an adware thing but a windows thing.

One other thing to note. When I log into the machine. It takes a while
for the task bar to become clickable. Longer than the other machines,
if that helps at all.

This could be caused by many things. Mainly what is loaded when you log
in and what it's trying to do while you are logging in.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!

  • Re: Windows.. its like coming home!
    ... gradual transition, especially in going from OS 9 to OS X. ... They needed something that could compete with Windows, ... mean by the "2 of every app" comment before - Apple took whatever apps ... I've found that because the Dock shows applications rather than windows, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Windows.. its like coming home!
    ... gradual transition, especially in going from OS 9 to OS X. ... They needed something that could compete with Windows, ... mean by the "2 of every app" comment before - Apple took whatever apps ... I've found that because the Dock shows applications rather than windows, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: Beginners Questions
    ... We do use Windows form on the presentation layer which is on ... terminal server and call web services on the business logic side. ... of using "proxy" authentication on SQL Server. ... > I have written an app with a Windows Forms UI that is deployed to clients ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)
  • Re: Frustration level with Windows -- ARG!
    ... I can have an app sieze and you can go take a ten ... That is MS-Outlook, not Windows. ... to the processes tab, not the applications tab. ... and it tries to stop them "gently" if it can, before resorting to kill -9. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: DOS applications ?
    ... A DOS batch file runs dos programs sequentially and can run ... command prompt window and keep the second command ... Windows APIs to do it. ... A 16-bit DOS app running on pure MS-DOS cannot launch another app ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)