Re: MS WORD launches slowly due to IE local security setting

Sebastian Gottschalk <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
Zak wrote:

Seb, I'm new to your view on firewalls but you seem to have in mind a
rather different thing than what many people would call a software
fireall on their PCs.

A firewall is a concept to separate network segments on a perimeter.

Says you.

But in conversation, the rest of the world accepts the notion of a
"software firewall" that can selectively deny outbound traffic from a
host based on application.

You're being pedantic in a rather masturbatory way that isn't helping
the original discussion.

But that's what makes you you. :-)

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

  • Re: Remote Web Workplace question
    ... I went to the PCs and checked the domain under the firewall setting. ... And this happens with every client PC on the network? ... it's Remote Desktop somewhere under Accessories). ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: File sharing on PCs connecting to web on linksys router
    ... >>>files and a printer between the PCs. ... If the Wizard detects the router's shared Internet ... Make sure that any firewall program (Norton, McAfee, ZoneAlarm, ... Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Networking) ...
  • Re: XP Logons and security issues
    ... If the budget allows I highly recommend a real firewall ... account potential productivity improvements for workers. ... spyware it is best if the users of the computers are not also local ... There are around 14 PCs in all. ...
  • Re: XP Logons and security issues
    ... If the budget allows I highly recommend a real firewall ... account potential productivity improvements for workers. ... spyware it is best if the users of the computers are not also local ... There are around 14 PCs in all. ...
  • Re: Home Network -- 2 XP Machines
    ... You said TWO XP PCs... ... which included firewall too. ... you'll need to look for them on "entire network". ... Use only one protocol for File and Printer Sharing. ...