Re: MS WORD launches slowly due to IE local security setting

James E. Morrow <jamesemorrow@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

In article <4quvuqFp3e2kU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, seppi@xxxxxxxxx says...
Zak wrote:

Does this mean I can delete this reg key and let security defualt to the
machine settings?

No. It means that you should abandon MSIE or MS Word, at best both.

I am hoping that WORD will then not get stuck on the looping that I see.

WORD will get stuck for whatever reason it wants to see.

The daily double contains no fatty Microsoft content to clog the
arteries of your computer. ;)

Caveat: OpenOffice will load and run slower than the equivalent MS applications. :-)

But it is free nad it is free of Microsoftness, which is reason enough
to use it. But blazing performance isn't among the reasons, just to
keep it real. :-)

Todd H.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Worth Getting Muddy...
    ... With slides you're stuck with what you shot. ... and the job is done at the instant you expose the film. ... I'd have to say I agree, though, about full control with digital (assuming ... The main reason I started using digital in 2000 was the same reason I ...
  • Re: Spy Hunter Pinball : Ball Stuck on Playfield
    ... session for some reason... ... a stuck ball... ...
  • Re: Upgrading from XP
    ... and having to reinstall all the non-Microsoft programs I've ... Dunno from stuck, but I'd say it is well worth the time and effort to ... That's the standard reason that most people do it. ...
  • Re: ATL COM object vs VB Interop
    ... Never mind anymore, I got fed up with VS2003 getting stuck when I did a find, ... You can step freely through ATL source. ... Off the top of my head, I can't think of any reason why this could ...
  • Re: high cpu usage win-xp
    ... Kadaitcha Man wrote: ... For some reason he seems to be stuck on the ... no effect on my opinion of him. ...