Re: MS WORD launches slowly due to IE local security setting

James E. Morrow <jamesemorrow@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

In article <4quvuqFp3e2kU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, seppi@xxxxxxxxx says...
Zak wrote:

Does this mean I can delete this reg key and let security defualt to the
machine settings?

No. It means that you should abandon MSIE or MS Word, at best both.

I am hoping that WORD will then not get stuck on the looping that I see.

WORD will get stuck for whatever reason it wants to see.

http://www.openoffice.org/

The daily double contains no fatty Microsoft content to clog the
arteries of your computer. ;)

Caveat: OpenOffice will load and run slower than the equivalent MS applications. :-)

But it is free nad it is free of Microsoftness, which is reason enough
to use it. But blazing performance isn't among the reasons, just to
keep it real. :-)

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

  • Re: Worth Getting Muddy...
    ... With slides you're stuck with what you shot. ... and the job is done at the instant you expose the film. ... I'd have to say I agree, though, about full control with digital (assuming ... The main reason I started using digital in 2000 was the same reason I ...
    (rec.photo.equipment.35mm)
  • Re: Spy Hunter Pinball : Ball Stuck on Playfield
    ... session for some reason... ... a stuck ball... ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Upgrading from XP
    ... and having to reinstall all the non-Microsoft programs I've ... Dunno from stuck, but I'd say it is well worth the time and effort to ... That's the standard reason that most people do it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ATL COM object vs VB Interop
    ... Never mind anymore, I got fed up with VS2003 getting stuck when I did a find, ... You can step freely through ATL source. ... Off the top of my head, I can't think of any reason why this could ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole)
  • Re: high cpu usage win-xp
    ... Kadaitcha Man wrote: ... For some reason he seems to be stuck on the ... no effect on my opinion of him. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)