news:12k3qrecot5ma7f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Jim Watt" <jimwatt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:v0f3k2lahiu4ntm3i5at21h26q824a52v6@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:28:45 -0800, "Dana" <raff242@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Would you give some examples of what you are talking about.
I may live in Alaska, but we are not that out of touch, I really have not
heard of anything close to what you describe.

Perhaps you could use Google to research the following topics:

Item 1:

Civil liberties suffered an historic setback this week, when President
Bush signed the un-American Military Commissions Act of 2006.

I am not affected by this, hence my Civil Liberties are just fine

While your ignorance may indeed be blissful, you are nonetheless
affected.

According to the wording in the un-American Military Commissions
Act of 2006, you could, upon the whim of a very ignorant and
tyrannical Mr. Bush, be whisked away to an unknown prison and be
held indefinitely without charge, simply because some anonymous
individual has accused you, sans proof, of supporting terrorism.

Your civil liberties are not "just fine"...

Sid

  • Re: Why does every one hate Microsoft
    ... Dana wrote: ... Bush signed the un-American Military Commissions Act of 2006. ... I am not affected by this, hence my Civil Liberties are just fine ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Why does every one hate Microsoft
    ... Civil liberties suffered an historic setback this week, ... Bush signed the un-American Military Commissions Act of 2006. ...
    (alt.computer.security)