Re: Why does every one hate Microsoft
- From: "erewhon" <sminkypinky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 00:44:27 -0000
And tmesis is, as I said, one of those rhetorical devices.
I know. But I keep trying to tell you, but you seem to stupid to understand.
Whilst it is clearly a rhetorical device, it is in no way a rhetorical
You just keep banging your gums. You're only making yourself look stupid.
Dear, dear, you keep digging yourself a deeper hole.
It was you who, as the first paragraph above clearly shows, disclaimed
being rhetorical because you weren't asking a question without expecting
an answer (i.e., weren't asking a rhetorical question). And in saying
that you were just plain wrong, since, even though you made a statement
(more accurately, a mostly phatic interjection) and did not ask a
question, you were nonetheless using a rhetorical device: tmesis.
So why can you not accept you were wrong to claim it was a rhetorical
question, when it quite clearly was not.
The very fact that I pointed out your use of tmesis, a different
rhetorical device than a rhetorical question, clearly shows I know
rhetoric is hardly confined to the latter.
The only person confused here is you.
- Prev by Date: Re: Why does every one hate Microsoft
- Next by Date: Re: Why does every one hate Microsoft
- Previous by thread: Re: Why does every one hate Microsoft
- Next by thread: Re: Why does every one hate Microsoft