Re: Why does every one hate Microsoft

"Jim Watt" <jimwatt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:53q0k254sboga0bp7d7c18elrh5lll1058@xxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:36:11 -0800, "Dana" <raff242@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Jim Watt" <jimwatt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3qtvj2lvhjtpuc9mqcom3o631sh56k6udp@xxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:22:46 -0800, "Dana" <raff242@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

especially in Europe, with their
crazy courts that act like petty tyrannts telling people what they can
and
cannot make.

Or America where the law does not want you to spend your money
gambling.

Gambling is legal in quite a few places in America.

I was more thinking about the protectionist measures implemented
to make offshore gambling sites inaccessible to US users and the
tactics of the administration arresting directors of legitimate
companies.

Would you give some examples of what you are talking about.
I may live in Alaska, but we are not that out of touch, I really have not
heard of anything close to what you describe.

Security of the individual against the state seems to be low
on the agenda these days in the US.

And again I have seen nothing in the US to verify your above statement.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

.