Re: Who Is This Outfit

"john" wrote:

Rick Merrill wrote:
john wrote:
194 . 25 . 26 . 102

It's in the block 194.25.26.64 to 194.25.26.127 which belongs to
Akamai Techologies. They are an Internet content distribution service.

Deutsche Telekom AG

They are the ISP providing the wires.

OrgName: Hewlett-Packard Company OrgID: HP

I don't see how HP figures in this.

What's it to you?

They connected to my computer while I was browsing newsgroups.

Things don't connect to your computer unless you are running software
which is listening for, and capable of receiving connections.

It tied everything up. I ran netstat and got the ip number.

So what port did it use, and what program or service was listening on
the port that accepted the connection?

  • Re: Unusual ServerSocket Behaviour
    ... two file descriptors registered as LISTENING on the same port, ... can get confused as to which one should receive new connections. ... confess I am just figuring this stuff out for the first time. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: The connection was refused when trying to connect to ...
    ... It does look as if they're listening normally. ... Port 80 is http and port ... The problem has to be at the modem. ... accept connections on ports 80 and 443 and pass them to your computer on ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Still questions
    ... the listening on port 135 you would have to go through the ... It is possible to "unlink" or "un-bind" RPC ... file servers and printers, and allow outgoing connections ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Disabling X and KDM from listening on a port.
    ... Disabling X and KDM from listening on a port. ... > How does this affect X connections that are forwarded over ssh? ... Forwarded X connections behave like a local X server on the remote ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Kerio Personal Firewall
    ... This is more a technicality then a security problem but i forsee it causing ... client component of KPF to view all applications listening and connected, ... protection altogether or fix the defaults to detect hosts, or at least port ... Also make it ask for a password when connections are ...
    (Security-Basics)