Re: Curious HTTP connections

From: "Abel X" <nospamthanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| I started having slow startup problems with my computer, that is the part of
| the startup after the Windows screen and before the desktop is fully loaded
| and settled down. I also noticed a lot of processor activity and, as I have
| an icon to show when my computer is connected to the internet, I also
| noticed that on some occasions there was internet activity.
|
| I decided to run open the command window and run the netstat -a command to
| see what connections were active. Why is it that an "http" connection is
| open sometimes at startup, or at other times, when I either have not yet
| opened a browser, or when I do not have a browser open? Just curious?
|
| This is even the case on a machine that I recently re-installed the system
| on and updated it, then installed Norton Internet Security and updated that
| also.
|
| Abel X

Insufficient.

You haven't supplied ANY supporting information.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Curious HTTP connections
    ... the startup after the Windows screen and before the desktop is fully loaded ... noticed that on some occasions there was internet activity. ... I decided to run open the command window and run the netstat -a command to ... see what connections were active. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Slow comp, what to do?
    ... I agree,except-Msconfig-uncheck everything from msconfig ... antivirus and check it to run at startup,that's all you ... need at startup get that tweak from ... >Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size ...
  • Re: tasks: create one to open site in IE
    ... You need to add an Internet Link to your Startup folder.... ... Programs on XP) to display a listing of programs installed on your puter. ...
  • Re: ONLY XPs safe mode allows connection to network?
    ... PC's so I'm sharing the internet connection with wingate... ... > My guess is that on normal startup some kind of driver or service that is ... i tried using selective startup (msconfig) ... Now you will only see the non Microsoft services - ...
  • Hijack??My log
    ... My computer was hijacked by a ebook website a few days ago. ... Hijack this to my computer. ... Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 ... O4 - Startup: Internet Explorer.lnk ...