Re: Bios Passwords

"Tom" <tquinn@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4o5htdFd4ob8U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have somehow managed to set up 2 passwords in the bios that I have to
enter before the laptop will turn on. One is a drivelock password and I
haven't a clue what the other one is.
I wish I hadn't done it as its driving me mad having to enter these in
every
time I turn the laptop on.

I cannot find, in the bios, where to disable these now. They have
vanished.
I only have the option to change the password. can anyone tell me how to
remove these please.

Just a minute Tom, I'm going to check my crystal ball to discover what
laptop you have....

;-)

  • HP Pavilion ZE4600 Power on Password
    ... I am working on a laptop for a friend of mine he bought used. ... with a power on password and drivelock password. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • HP Pavilion ZE4600 Power on Password
    ... I am working on a laptop for a friend of mine he bought used. ... with a power on password and drivelock password. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.misc)
  • Re: Bios Passwords
    ... enter before the laptop will turn on. ... One is a drivelock password and I ... haven't a clue what the other one is. ... Sorry its a HP pavilion zv6115ea ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Bios Passwords
    ... enter before the laptop will turn on. ... One is a drivelock password and I ... haven't a clue what the other one is. ... I cannot find, in the bios, where to disable these now. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Bios Passwords
    ... enter before the laptop will turn on. ... One is a drivelock password and I ... haven't a clue what the other one is. ... 1st is the power on password 2nd is the drive lock ...
    (alt.computer.security)