Bios Passwords

I have somehow managed to set up 2 passwords in the bios that I have to
enter before the laptop will turn on. One is a drivelock password and I
haven't a clue what the other one is.
I wish I hadn't done it as its driving me mad having to enter these in every
time I turn the laptop on.

I cannot find, in the bios, where to disable these now. They have vanished.
I only have the option to change the password. can anyone tell me how to
remove these please.

thanks Tom

  • Re: Compaq CQ60-313SA Bios Recovery
    ... I am trying to learn how to recovery my laptop from a bad bios flash. ... removing the battery and power cable, performing a hard reset by holding ... I get a loud beep code. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Failed Flash BIOS after upgrade
    ... Do not trust ACER Engineers - they have created a mess of the ... BIOS Flashing process, which doesn't ever work in Windows correctly. ... So, Always create a DOS Boot Floppy and then Flash the BIOS, its ... If you have an Acer 4152 model laptop, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Acer laptops, BIOS updates w/without Windows, opinions/experiences w quality/support?
    ... I'm looking at this laptop to purchase: Acer Aspire AS8730-6951, ... update the BIOS. ... underlining that I wasn't asking them for Linux support but planned to ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Tecra failure
    ... I have boot disk but does not respond on booting. ... I have now managed to download Bios u/g but again did not work, ... Have you tried hold down the 'ESC' key when powering on the laptop this ... You can download a boot disk from www.bootdisk.com. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Tecra failure
    ... My daughter brought home from Cyprus her poorly Tosh' Tecra 8100 after ... I am unable to boot to floppy(except if I use F12..ready for bios update ... as is the fan connecter. ... Have you tried hold down the 'ESC' key when powering on the laptop this will enable you to enter the bios. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.laptops)