Re: Bios Passwords

Thats desktop machines, laptops tend to be different
and use the security feature of ATA drives to set a
password on the HD which is stored in eeprom

Nor are they as accessible as desktop machines and the
batteries are inscrutible.

May I have more information on this?

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D laptop with a BIOS password,
does it mean that if I forget about it I will not be able
to reset it?

I have been told that all BIOS have a master password in fact
the manual says to contact the manufacturer (Fujitsu Siements)
if I ever forget my BIOS password and I always thought that as
a last instance I could take out the button battery, even in laptops.
.