Re: Bios Passwords

Thats desktop machines, laptops tend to be different
and use the security feature of ATA drives to set a
password on the HD which is stored in eeprom

Nor are they as accessible as desktop machines and the
batteries are inscrutible.

May I have more information on this?

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D laptop with a BIOS password,
does it mean that if I forget about it I will not be able
to reset it?

I have been told that all BIOS have a master password in fact
the manual says to contact the manufacturer (Fujitsu Siements)
if I ever forget my BIOS password and I always thought that as
a last instance I could take out the button battery, even in laptops.

  • Re: Forget BIOS Password
    ... From the link provided you will need to contact Dell, better to have your friend contact them with all the info needed so you won't have to transfer ownership. ... From everywhere I've searched it appears the Inspiron has the BIOS password stored in the eeprom of a non-volatile chip, which means removing/replacing the CMOS battery won't do any good. ... > One of my friend has a Dell Insprion 640M Laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Reboot Problem (lsass.exe update password error)
    ... not sure what you mean by "keycode". ... Do you mean a BIOS password? ... observing all fans. ... and feel if the laptop is getting too hot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • BOOTING CD on Compaq Presario
    ... When we try ALL these choices (safe mode ONLY showing lines of numbers ... but we're simply not setting the laptop to BOOT ... What keys do you press either AFTER or BEFORE the bios password ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: hp bios password
    ... i forgot the bios password and can't seem to find any help on how to get rid of the password or override it. ... my friend wanted to help but when i told her it was a laptop she had no clue what to do. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Password to start the system
    ... Good catch, Bruce, Thanks. ... You're talking about a BIOS password, ... > came with the laptop. ... >> laptop that utilise window xp. ...