Web hosting security

Hi,

As far as security is concerned what difference does it make if the
site is hosted on Windows or Linux servers ? Which would be more
secure.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks.

  • Re: The Myth of the secure Mac
    ... OEM Windows XP Home goes for a bit under $100. ... >> secure than Home. ... Though this really has nothing to do with security. ... Microsoft counts on third-party developers to provide more ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: The Myth of the secure Mac
    ... >>> secure than Home. ... Though this really has nothing to do with security. ... >>> I, on the other hand, was speaking about overall Windows security, not ... I do believe that Microsoft could adjust their prices for the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Windows Is Now More Secure Than Linux
    ... >OpenSSL is compiled into just about every 'secure' application in the Unix ... You know, a lot of people see me as a "Windows defender", mainly because I pop ... The solution, if there is one, to security problems, is to choose a supplier ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • RE: [inbox] Re: [Full-Disclosure] RE: Linux (in)security
    ... When you have inherently more secure code in OS's ... "Windows" includes all the applications that come with Windows, ... Which is why they release security advisories for things like kernel ... This is why wu-ftpd keeps having new vulns discovered every year, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Close browser window & open another
    ... Windows Integrated Security is being used. ... When a MIS Tech is at another employees pc, and they log into the secure ... Do I need to have the browser close, and open up another browser window? ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)