Re: Securing a USB stick
- From: Stephen Poley <sbpoleySpicedHamTrap@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:36:00 +0200
On 2 Sep 2006 11:30:36 -0700, "Jon" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stephen Poley wrote:
I have been hunting for a good solution for a while. But everything I've
looked at so far suffers from at least one of the following problems:
1) the encryption program has to be already installed on every computer
where one will use the USB stick (or at least one has to have admin
privileges on every computer); one can't run it directly from the USB
2) the program does not state which encryption algorithm is used (which
typically means it's a useless home-brew job) or its security is
otherwise in question;
3) when encrypting a directory tree, all the files are thrown into a
single directory, making the extraction of a single file a pain.
Can anyone recommend a product which doesn't suffer from these problems?
Thanks - I'll give it a try.
- Prev by Date: Re: Cant find an 'answer' no matter where I look or post
- Next by Date: Re: Securing a USB stick
- Previous by thread: Re: Securing a USB stick
- Next by thread: Re: Securing a USB stick