Re: Cleaning up startup files ?

Keith (Southend) wrote:
Jim Watt wrote:
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 22:44:22 +0100, "Keith (Southend)"
<dev.null@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

it would be interesting to see exactly what running during those long waits.

process explorer from sysinternals is very
useful better get it quick as they have been bought by microsoft.

Indeed now is probably a good time to download
all their free software.
Jim Watt

Mmm, glad I downloaded it.

What would be interesting is if you could see what process is running/starting while you are waiting, then it would be easier to determine what is slowing things up. Unfortunately the programmes telling you whats running you can't start until you finally get to the desktop!

Keith (Southend)
e-mail: kreh at southendweather dot net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The reality of Climate Change as an Easter thought.
    ... Keith (Southend) wrote: ... Sir David King was knighted by the Labour Party he is in fact a lefty therefore everything a British lefty says is tainted and warped by their self-loathing of being being affluent and white. ... There are far more things that need attending to that affect the wellbeing of humans than the unknown certainties of climate. ...
  • Re: The reality of Climate Change as an Easter thought.
    ... Keith (Southend) ... Well in the states people do have some excuse as it's a rather large country which makes transport necessary meanwhile back on the Tuvalu chain of islands, which you can wallk practically anywhere, there are a lot of very obese people in cars. ... This whole thread seems to have lost the plot, I wasn't actually looking for someone to point the finger at and blame, if we want to look at the blame culture you've only got to look at British management in industry, because of course it isn't 'their' fault it's all going down the pan. ...
  • Re: Ive gone right off gfs ;-)
    ... Keith (Southend) ... The models show what they show Keith. ... Any comparison at T+240 is down to chance I'd say. ... Quite probably, on most occasions, I'd say Will. ...
  • Re: Subtle changes I feel.
    ... Keith you really must stop watching these fantasy charts,you will make ... You never know though,were you in Southend that amazing weekend of Jan ... Also I assume some parts of France are getting snow, ... Again much of Europe although cold, not cold enough to get excited about. ...
  • Re: Opening up in RichTextBox2 ?
    ... ' Name of the input file ... but then it went straight to that other message. ... Keith (Southend) ...