Re: Access is Denied

Peter wrote:
Please help!

I have 2 computers and I transferred one hard drive from one to the
other. I did have a password set on that drive as you entered Windows XP.
Now on the other computer, the harddrive's folders show up but ACCESS IS
DENIED to most including My Documents because I must have encrypted it at
some point I think. Or is it the password that's causing it to be accessed.
How do I bypass/get rid of the passwords/encryption? I hope that my
explanation is clear enough.

Thanks for any tips.

You need to take ownership of the folders.

Jon

  • Re: New UserIDs created by MS .NET FRamework.
    ... Before installing this software I had the usual set of 'user folders' defined in my Win XP system, ... Network Service.NT AUTHORITY ... If you aren't using this OEM user account, you can delete it from the User Accounts applet in Control Panel. ... My Network Places - This is a graphical representation of other computers on the network and any shared network resources. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Sharing Permission
    ... professional) and they are not able to share folders on their own computers. ... >> System DSN. ... > The security descriptors are stored in the registry by SRV service, ...
  • Re: Need more memory!
    ... This is a necessary account and is not normally ... Shared Folders - These are folders where you can put files you wish to ... My Network Places - This is a graphical representation of other ... computers on the network and any shared network resources. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: file sharing on network with XP Home
    ... I'm confused why Windows Help never explained to me ... >>>of the administrative users files on all computers. ... >> installed on an NTFS disk partition. ... >> Files and Windows folders and to individual users' folders within ...
  • Re: Workgroup Not Accessible
    ... > I noticed I was no longer on my network. ... > on my workgroup, nor their shared folders, and I can't see my own shared ... The other 3 computers were still fine ... > shared folders of the workgroup computers. ...