Re: Is a key tracker ever benign?

Gualtier Malde <valacapt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:cL6dnR0f6OuKenjZnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx:

What's a good replacement for OE on my WIN98SE machine? I reformated
the disc, threw out Symantic, settled on Kerio (small footprint) and
FireFox but according to some here... I must be awfully vulnerable
through OE.

I read a lot of newsarticles clipped by Google News. I see statements
on a lot of site now marked "RSS". I know it's a file format but
really don't know if it has any benefit to me. I don't blog... but may
be interested if whatever program is needed doesn't have a long
learning curve... I'm not THAT interested in reading questionable
credibility.

Any advise would be apprecaited.

I recommend Thinderbird. It's a very good general-purpose email program
(not quite as slick as Outlook but without the vulnerabilities and bloat as
well).

One of its best features is how well it handles encrypted email (with
GnuPG/Enigmail extension) including good support for PGP/Mime.

Regards,

  • Replace Outlook Express With What?
    ... disc, threw out Symantic, settled on Kerio (small footprint) and FireFox but ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Replace Outlook Express With What?
    ... disc, threw out Symantic, settled on Kerio (small footprint) and FireFox but ... You already have Mozilla firefox for web browsing. ... Increase your Mozilla foo with their mail client Mozilla Thunderbird. ...
    (alt.computer.security)