Spyware Removal?

Greetings

I heard a rumour a while back claiming that some of the major security
vendors had intimated that they would ignore Federal-inspired spyware if
their programmes should happen to come accross these. The notable exception
I believe was Sophos.

What I would like to ask the readers of this forum is firstly, whether there
is any substance to the above rumour;

and secondly, if so, whether there are any stand-alone removal tools that
would indeed detect and remove such spyware programmes.

Thanks

Nick B.
RSA

  • Re: Spyware Removal?
    ... I heard a rumour a while back claiming that some of the major security ... that would indeed detect and remove such spyware programmes. ... other non-USian vendors as well (and for specialty products such as anti- ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: BBC iPlayer, Meaningful Error Messages of Our Time...
    ... Rumour has it that they can save programmes for over 30 days and work ... of my friends died watching Betamax. ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)