Re: BBC Hightlights Issue Over Computer Recycling

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:04:09 +0100, Stephen Howard
<seesigfor@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:29:34 +0200, km <km@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ant wrote:
<snip>

I recycle computers - or rather, I source all my IT kit from the local
tip.
I'm constantly amazed at what people chuck away...3GHz cpus..15"
TFTs...DVD writers...256Mb graphics cards...digital TV tuners...UPSs
etc. I haven't bought a new printer cartridge in years...no need to, I
simply buy another printer for a few quid.
What really annoys me is finding an otherwise superb machine that's
had its guts smashed simply to prevent anyone accessing any
information contained on the hard drive ( and sod's law dictates that
the hard drive is always a large one ).

Do the council just let you take stuff? I'm intrigued as there's a tip
only a mile or two away from here.

  • Re: BBC Hightlights Issue Over Computer Recycling
    ... I haven't bought a new printer cartridge in years...no need to, ... Our local tip will sell you anything - they even have a small shed set ... There's no central policy (aside from some Health & Safety regs that ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: OT..new website not funny
    ... complaint to all of the judges, who work out of the Montgomery ... Courthouse. ... Just bought a new printer cartridge today, so I can get that done this ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)