Re: ZoneAlarm not blocking AVG auto update
- From: Al Smith <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:40:29 GMT
Ok, I agree. They say that their product loads first and it doesn't.
You can't know that from the given information. A splash screen doesn't
mean a thing, Windows itself tells you updates have been completed
after a reboot all the time when the actual update is done BEFORE any
I find it almost unimaginable that ZA would fail at something so basic
and essential to firewall operation. As cruddy and misbehaved as I
think ZA is, I just can't come to terms with something so obviously
FUBAR from a firewall that's notorious for being over invasive. ;)
Sorry to disappoint you about ZoneAlarm. The claim by the ZA people that it protects from the get-go, even if the ZA icon isn't on the screen, is bullshit. AVG did a complete update on several occasions at boot. I watched it. I watched the progress screen of the download, and got an "update completed" splash after it. After that, I switched to Comodo. Nobody should be using ZoneAlarm Free. It is unsafe.
- Prev by Date: Re: ZoneAlarm not blocking AVG auto update
- Next by Date: Re: ZoneAlarm not blocking AVG auto update
- Previous by thread: Re: ZoneAlarm not blocking AVG auto update
- Next by thread: Re: ZoneAlarm not blocking AVG auto update