Re: ZoneAlarm not blocking AVG auto update

Ok, I agree. They say that their product loads first and it doesn't.

You can't know that from the given information. A splash screen doesn't
mean a thing, Windows itself tells you updates have been completed
after a reboot all the time when the actual update is done BEFORE any
restart.

I find it almost unimaginable that ZA would fail at something so basic
and essential to firewall operation. As cruddy and misbehaved as I
think ZA is, I just can't come to terms with something so obviously
FUBAR from a firewall that's notorious for being over invasive. ;)

Sorry to disappoint you about ZoneAlarm. The claim by the ZA people that it protects from the get-go, even if the ZA icon isn't on the screen, is bullshit. AVG did a complete update on several occasions at boot. I watched it. I watched the progress screen of the download, and got an "update completed" splash after it. After that, I switched to Comodo. Nobody should be using ZoneAlarm Free. It is unsafe.

  • Re: win.ini help
    ... I use AVG Free for antivirus and ZoneAlarm free for a firewall. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ...
  • internet security
    ... i have got windows xp.i have got avg 8 free.it has got anti-virus and and ... anti-spyware.i have also got zonealarm free firewall.could someone please ...
  • Re: forgot this
    ... Was in safe mode. ... Windows 98se, with Advase, and Zonealarm free. ...
    (alt.computer.security)