Re: ZoneAlarm not blocking AVG auto update

John Hyde wrote:

Ok, I agree. They say that their product loads first and it doesn't.

You can't know that from the given information. A splash screen doesn't
mean a thing, Windows itself tells you updates have been completed
after a reboot all the time when the actual update is done BEFORE any
restart.

I find it almost unimaginable that ZA would fail at something so basic
and essential to firewall operation. As cruddy and misbehaved as I
think ZA is, I just can't come to terms with something so obviously
FUBAR from a firewall that's notorious for being over invasive. ;)

  • Re: Downloading all updates after SP2
    ... > Is it possible to down load ALL the updates after SP2 in one hit. ... > there was an awful lot of updates to install (I stopped counting at ... > Where can i go to download all of the updates (i have a list from ... > Windows Update that i printed off before i abandoned the update on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • WARNING LONG - Brian Livingstons take on Windows Genuine Advantage
    ... Genuine Advantage is Microsoft spyware ... Some tech writers have said categorizing WGA as spyware is arguable. ... It causes serious problems for some legitimate Windows users and was sprung on customers with no notice other than a press release the day before. ... If an instance of Windows doesn't seem to have a valid license, display notices to the user and prevent any updates being downloaded from Microsoft.com except security upgrades that are rated "Critical." ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: WindowsXP slower after reinstall.
    ... How can I tell where to go to find the lastest drivers? ... >>> Did you get on the Internet unprotected by a firewall or antivirus? ... >>> Direct Download of Service Pack 2 for Windows XP ... >>> You can download all updates and burn them to CD.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Creating a Update CD for Distro
    ... > to my offline users that includes Windows Updates, ... will - over time - download and install what they need for them. ... better informed about your options when it comes to the Windows Updates. ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Are security updates available for saving to CD
    ... > Is it possible to get the post sp2 service updates downloaded so I ... better informed about your options when it comes to the Windows Updates. ... Direct Download of Service Pack 2 for Windows XP ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to a ...