Re: ZoneAlarm not blocking AVG auto update

John Hyde wrote:

Ok, I agree. They say that their product loads first and it doesn't.

You can't know that from the given information. A splash screen doesn't
mean a thing, Windows itself tells you updates have been completed
after a reboot all the time when the actual update is done BEFORE any
restart.

I find it almost unimaginable that ZA would fail at something so basic
and essential to firewall operation. As cruddy and misbehaved as I
think ZA is, I just can't come to terms with something so obviously
FUBAR from a firewall that's notorious for being over invasive. ;)

.