Re: Very Slow to startup laptop ?

Truncat wrote:

Not in my computer, I have 256MB and it sucks, and every latest
application I update takes more and more RAM, now Win XP with two
Service packs,

I haven't seen any increase in memory consumption with Service Pack 2.

IE7 Beta, Windows DEfender...

And then you wonder?

BTW, installing beta software on a productive system?

  • Re: Very Slow to startup laptop ?
    ... | Truncat wrote: ... Service packs, ... | I haven't seen any increase in memory consumption with Service Pack 2. ... The Windows FireWall alone increased the RAM consumption. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: legal copies of windows XP
    ... and far more RAM is available for application data. ... automatic updates and service packs have seen it grind to a halt. ... www.mailwasher.net to delete spam emails without downloading. ... Then use firefox for surfing. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: legal copies of windows XP
    ... and far more RAM is available for application data. ... automatic updates and service packs have seen it grind to a halt. ... have a linux-flavour disc to use for surfing, mail, newsgroups, ... I would remove all AV software and use Mailwasherwww.mailwasher.netto delete spam emails without downloading. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: legal copies of windows XP
    ... and far more RAM is available for application data. ... Possibly virus scanning might account for the slow boot. ... automatic updates and service packs have seen it grind to a halt. ... but that's a good evenings work which I can't ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: legal copies of windows XP
    ... and far more RAM is available for application data. ... automatic updates and service packs have seen it grind to a halt. ... but that's a good evenings work which I can't ...
    (uk.legal)