Re: Stored Dial-Up Password

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:32:56 +0200, Jim Watt <jimwatt@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:45:41 GMT, Inquirer <reply@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a computer on which the only sensitive information is my stored
password in a dial-up connection I made.

Is there any way short of wiping all unused disk space (or worse,
wiping the entire drive) to securely delete the password?

(It doesn't look to me as if there is a way to use Eraser(R) just for

Thanks for any info.

Better idea, just change the password and specify that you
don't want to save it.

Thanks but I'd prefer not to have the username easily recoverable

If someone can tell me exactly how to delete just this dial-up
connection with Eraser, I'd appreciate it.

'Reply' field invalid. Please reply to group. Thank you.
(To Mr. Gottschalk: Since 'group.thanks' is a non-existent domain (as
opposed to, for example), what's the problem?!)