Antivirus Software - Reviews

After using the product for three years, and rejection of a legitimate
rebate I filed last year, I have decided to look at something other than
McAfee. Once I removed McAfee from my notebook, the machine started to
perform almost as nicely as the day I bought it. Never realized how much of
a resource pig McAfee was. In its place, I loaded a trial version of a
product from ESET called NOD32 system, which seems to consume far less
system resources. I have no idea how good this product really is.

What is the consensus on a good antivirus product? For me, it cannot be a
resource hog like McAfee.

rg

  • Re: OT: *Must Have* Security and Maintenance Computer Programs
    ... that will take the place of most of the spyware, av, etc. ... I am not a fan of McAfee. ... I'll bet that the McAfee Security Center isn't as much of a resource ... How does Ad Aware protect you if it doesn't run in the ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: OT: *Must Have* Security and Maintenance Computer Programs
    ... JimH wrote: ... that will take the place of most of the spyware, av, etc. ... I am not a fan of McAfee. ... I heard it is also a resource hog, but not as much as Norton is ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: OT: *Must Have* Security and Maintenance Computer Programs
    ... that will take the place of most of the spyware, av, etc. ... I am not a fan of McAfee. ... I heard it is also a resource hog, but not as much as Norton is ... How does Ad Aware protect you if it doesn't run in the ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Vista Circles of Life and Death
    ... I don't know or care if McAfee is a resource "hog" because I haven't seen it ... 512 MB RAM running Windows ME, with no noticeable resource issues. ... McAfee software at work on everything down to a Pentium III 800 MHz with 256 ...
  • Re: Antivirus Software - Reviews
    ... Once I removed McAfee from my notebook, ... a resource pig McAfee was. ...
    (alt.computer.security)