Re: Spam

"Sebastian Gottschalk" <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4hfma9F1r5kgdU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
new guy wrote:
Blocking the servers where the spam comes from.
So you want to block your very own mail provider?

Yeah, yeah, very funny ...
I meant the servers that are the source of the spam ....

OK, then, I'll present you all implicitly reliable information that are
not under the choice of the spammer:

| Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:26:43 +0200
| To: newguy@xxxxxxx

The same holds for any legitimate mail.

So, now for the questions if you still don't get the obvious:
- Where is the real server?

- If you ever find it (means: none of the other information are faked),
is it a spammer's machine or just one of literally thousands of
hijacked computers?

prod, ESMTP, "pd7mr3no-qfe3.prod.shaw.ca", it's a spoof, right?

What do you achieve with shutting down only one such
machine?
- Do you try to shutdown every possible source of the 50+ spam mails you
receive per day?

Actually, I receive 1 or 2 spams a day, no more than that, and it looks like
it always comes from the same source.

Dude, get a serious spam filter like any other clever guy does.

I will try that. Thanks for your help!

  • Re: Spam
    ... Yeah, yeah, very funny ... ... I meant the servers that are the source of the spam .... ... OK, then, I'll present you all implicitly reliable information that are ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: ping: Mara - Apache2 SSL...
    ... yeah - that's to prevent fragmentation exploits caused by massive ... either ignoring or just deleting spam. ... need for a protocol droid - Of course not, sir - not in an environment ... vaporators. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: ping: Mara - Apache2 SSL...
    ... even though hostname is ... Yeah, but at the time I didn't look in those. ... >> some questions about training Spam Assassin, ... > block everything they send (if you are filtering outbound as ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: New Bands similiar to Grateful Dead and Phish
    ... Yeah, but they were pretty good back in the 70's. ... an ex used to refer to acid as Spam. ... Sherry in Vermont ... He went to a Catholic High School. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: SPAM from Usenet
    ... Usenet postings made to comp.lang.ruby via this gateway. ... Yeah, that notice has been there since the dawn of time. ... I have to ask why would we want people sending more spam to the list to ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)