Re: Cwings was here?

Todd H. wrote:

If you're worried about your machine, do the right thing and reformat
your drive, and reinstall your OS and apps from original media, apply
all security updates from behind a very tightly configured hardware
firewall, and go from there.

Nitpick: With the pretty unjustified assumption that you carefully
utilized least privilege users, the damage is limited to the user's
account and all his files.

  • Re: Cwings was here?
    ... your drive, and reinstall your OS and apps from original media, apply ... all security updates from behind a very tightly configured hardware ... firewall, and go from there. ... utilized least privilege users, the damage is limited to the user's ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] 3rd party patch for XP for MS09-048?
    ... 3rd party patch for XP for MS09-048? ... During the Q&A, however, Windows users repeatedly asked Microsoft's ... "We use a third-party vendor firewall product. ... Security updates will be posted on the Microsoft Update Web ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: [Full-disclosure] 3rd party patch for XP for MS09-048?
    ... 3rd party patch for XP for MS09-048? ... During the Q&A, however, Windows users repeatedly asked Microsoft's ... "We use a third-party vendor firewall product. ... Security updates will be posted on the Microsoft Update Web ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • RE: [Full-disclosure] 3rd party patch for XP for MS09-048?
    ... 3rd party patch for XP for MS09-048? ... protection the firewall provides. ... During the Q&A, however, Windows users repeatedly asked Microsoft's ... Security updates will be posted on the Microsoft Update Web ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: What is the BEST program to stop programs from calling out
    ... You might have to manually block all the executable files in all programs apart from the obvious that you may want to allow access: browsers, email, newsreader, download manager etc. ... Subsequently, whenever I install a new app that I _don't_ want connecting to the 'net', I block 'net access for all it's components with my firewall. ... If you don't trust an application that *you* chose to install on *your* computer to check for security updates, then it was just damn stupid to install it in the first place. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)