Re: Ebay phishing,

E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists wrote:
nethere20@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
After logging-on to the sell items page on Ebay,

Based on what you say after that,
I think at that point you have already been fooled.

a phishing prompt is asking for credit card information.
How can I remove this prompt from my account?

Why not ask ebay?
(N.A.N-A.E is certailnly not the right place to ask.)

Try this, turn off your PC, unplug it, put it in the trash
dumpster, problem solved.

Okay, I amused at tech. humor too. There is a time to be funny and
there is a time to be well........serious!
Since many people have received phishing scams, and are looking to this
newsgroup for answers, can anybody please be specific on how to
"get-rid" of phishing prompts?

I had forwarded the "phishing link" to Ebay, and they only sent a
"generic response" that said the link was a fraudulent attack on my
Ebay Account. Reported the link to www.antiphishing.org.

Thanks
--
E-Mail Sent to this address <BlackList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
will be added to the BlackLists.

  • Ebay phishing has got more sophisticated
    ... During the course of my work I found a customer running an Ebay phishing ... We get a LOT of phishing scams on our network but they are mainly caused by ... customers running phishing ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)
  • Re: WARNING
    ... >>> I just received a new phishing message disguised as a notice from Ebay ... check your Ebay account directly. ... They keep threatening to disable ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: OT--Uh...oh..have I been suckered??
    ... I don't think that those types of attacks usually involve planting malware, they are after ID & password information. ... The email I got claimed to be from an Ebay user who was going to leave me negative feedback on some product. ... I still can't believe I even started to fall for this (I pride myself on not opening email attachments and recognizing all these phishing attempts). ... When you clicked on "reply", you entered what you THOUGHT was, and what LOOKED like, the E-Bay site to send a reply. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: PayPal: Steer clear of Safari
    ... As for not falling for Phishing, good spam filters are very helpful, ... you want to look at your bank, paypal or any other of the financial ... seeming to come from Paypal and its parent eBay, ... even the banks don't send out mail saying check this or ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • [Full-Disclosure] New phishing trick?
    ... phishing notice (can supply full text if anyone wants, ... but the real URL really does go to eBay to a cgi that does a redirect to ... phishing site target itself). ...
    (Full-Disclosure)