Re: wireless security

Mark Wake wrote:
and or you can enable the mac locking

That helps until someone legitimate creates a connection. Sniffing just
one packet is enough and you know a valid MAC address.

  • Re: peer to peer messaging
    ... attempts to open a connection to port 80 of the server at that IP address. ... For example a packet from my machine might have source IP ... Packets from the sever to my laptop would have those reversed. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: IPFW Dynamic Rules
    ... > So if the dynamic rule has the same behaviour as the origination ... > rule on the same port with the same protocol, ... If client sends UDP query to DNS on your machine, you get the packet: ... is deleted after connection is inactive for some time. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • [Full-disclosure] Quick Blind TCP Connection Spoofing with SYN Cookies
    ... TCP uses 32 bit Seq/Ack numbers in order to make sure that both sides of a connection can actually receive packets from each other. ... these numbers make it relatively hard to spoof the source address because successful spoofing requires guessing the correct initial sequence number which is generated by the server in a non-guessable way. ... This article shows that the effort required for guessing a valid ISN can be reduced from hours to minutes if the server uses TCP SYN Cookies, which are enabled by default for various Linux distributions including Ubuntu and Debian. ... The Client sends a SYN packet to the server in order to initiate a connection. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [NEWS] Cisco PIX TCP Connection DoS
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... By crafting a special TCP packet and sending it to a vulnerable Cisco PIX, ... embryonic connection open until the embryonic connection timeout which is ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Nmap questions concering my router
    ... that may have to be fetched) is downloaded as one connection. ... >> all addresses (and may listen using just one interface to receive all ... sends packets to the correct protocol driver ... wire to an IP packet, and hands this to the IP driver which strips off ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)